Thursday, March 8, 2012

GCSAA Show and Course Update

These past couple of weeks have been extremely busy for myself and my staff. Last week I spent five days in Las Vegas attending the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America's manual conference and trade show. I attend 5 seminars and two full days at the trade show throughout the week. The conference is always a nice way to start out the year as it tends to get the creative juices flowing and gets everybody excited about the coming summer.
Before I left for Vegas, I had left Tom and the crew with a long list of jobs to keep them plenty busy throughout the week. As I returned this last weekend I was amazed to find out just how much they were able to accomplish even with a rain day thrown in to the mix. I would like to send a big thank you out to my staff for finding that next gear and really helping Tom accomplish a bunch and for finishing up on some projects from the past. Below is a picture of the new irrigation at the chipping green that my staff was able to knock out while I was gone.

These sprinklers were added because we have always struggled to keep to green from drying out during the summer without making the surrounding area too wet.